Today Disney+ celebrates its second birthday. On this special occasion, they revealed a lot for Marvel fans. Clear your calendar, and prepare a comfortable spot on the couch as there have been twelve different series and one special for the service announced.
Here are the series and my thoughts below!
First off, the series with release dates!
- Hawkeye is coming out sooner then later, with a release date of November 24, 2021. It will be the last series for the 2021 year.
- She-Hulk will be up next, launching in 2022. The trailer is very serious, but the comic series is a very silly courtroom drama. We’ll see where the live action series ends up.
- Moon Knight is coming out in 2022. Also annouced today, it will star nerd powerhouse/heart throb Oscaar Isaac.
- Last but not least, Ms. Marvel will launch in the Summer of 2022. I’m a big fan of the 2014 series, and excited to see where this will go.
Next up, newly announced series!
- Echo. This is a series featuring a yet to be introduced character from Hawkeye.
- Ironheart. You can take the man of the suit, but you can’t take the suit out of the franchise…or something. A new series featuring a not Tony Stark inventing a not Iron Man suit.
- Agatha House of Harkness. This is about a character from Wandaverse. Admittly, I have yet to watch Wandaverse so I know nothing about her!
- Secret Invasion. Nick Fury will get his day in the sun fighting Skrull.
- Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special.
- X-Men ’97. This is a reboot of the series from the 90’s! I do feel like this is pandering to my nostalgia but I am so down.
- What-If Seasons 2. More “What-If” scenarios. I’m kinda meh on this series, but if it’s your thing, good news for you!
- Spiderman: Freshman Year. A Spiderman series that’s going to reference the orginial comics.
- I am Groot. A series about the hijinks of baby groot. I legitmately have a hard time believing anyone wanted this but here it is!
- Marvel Zombies. I’m hoping this drops for the halloween season either in 2022 or 2023!
And that’s what we have to look forward to! I think the biggest question on all our minds is how will we make time for these series? Dear readers, what are your thoughts? What are you looking forward to? Did you actually want a baby Groot series? Let me know in the comments!