- “Dr. STONE” is based on the hit weekly Shonen Jump manga title of the same name written by Riichiro Inagaki and illustrated by Boichi. The series is being animated by TMS Studios.
- The series picks up thousands of years after a cataclysmic event petrifies the world’s population. Following two main characters who free themselves from stone, Senku Ishigami and Taiju Ōki, “Dr. STONE” is a story of science versus might in the quest to rebuild civilization.
- Crunchyroll will simulcast “Dr. STONE” worldwide (except Asia) when the series premieres this summer.
- The Japanese voice cast of “Dr. STONE” includes:
- Yūsuke Kobayashi (Subaru Natsuki in “Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another World”)) as Senku Ishigami
- Makoto Furukawa (Saitama in “One Punch Man”) as Taiju Ōki
- Kana Ichinose (Ichigo in “DARLING in the FRANXX”) as Yuzuriha Ogawa
- Yuuichi Nakamura (Bruno Bucciarati in ”JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind”) as Tsukasa Shishiou.
- The “Dr. STONE” manga has been a smash hit worldwide with more than 1,940,000 volumes sold since July 2017 in Japan alone (As of May 2019).
- Synopsis: Several thousand years after a mysterious phenomenon that turns all of humanity to stone, the extraordinarily intelligent, science-driven boy, Senku Ishigami, awakens.
Facing a world of stone and the total collapse of civilization, Senku makes up his mind to use science to rebuild the world. Starting with his super strong childhood friend Taiju Oki, who awakened at the same time, they will begin to rebuild civilization from nothing…
Depicting two million years of scientific history from the Stone Age to present day, the unprecedented crafting adventure story is about to begin!