Soundfall is the Adventure Game of Your Childhood Amped Up as a Quest Driven Twin-Stick Shooter & Musical Visualizer
Wednesday, November 7, 2018 – Drastic Games, a video game startup founded by Epic games alumni, announces that Soundfall has blasted past its funding goal of $55K on Fig.co. Soundfall is in development for PC, PlayStation®4, Xbox One and Switch.
“With Fig, we can offer our community the unique opportunity to participate financially along with publishers and angel investors.” said Julian Trutmann, Co-founder of Drastic Games.
“Drastic’s community-focused ethos has made them a great developer to work with. They really understand what Fig is for.” said Justin Bailey, CEO and founder of Fig.co.
Soundfall is an audio-driven dungeon crawler that’s procedurally generated to music, melding the charm of classic adventure games with the intensity of twin-stick shooters. Soundfall takes the synthesis of music and video games to daring new heights.
In Soundfall, players begin their musical adventure as Melody, a talented young audiophile mysteriously transported to Symphonia, a world where music comes to life. Melody must friend endearing allies and wield legendary weapons against a horde of adversaries in a race to halt the return of an unfathomable darkness, Discord.
Music drives every aspect of Soundfall. Time your actions to the beat of the music to super-charge their effects as you dash, blast, and slash your way through a world forged by sound.
Soundfall’s three key pillars are narrative, combat, and music:
- Narrative: In Soundfall you embark on a magnificent journey of friendship and discovery. Share in the adventure of a lifetime as you delve into forbidden dungeons, explore fantastic landscapes, and uncover the awesome power of music. Soundfall is as much about story as it is about music, and throughout the game you’ll encounter a host of memorable personalities with a look and style all their own.
- Combat: In Soundfall you’ll shatter enemies in fun, responsive combat. Battles in Soundfall leave you flushed and breathless, as you unleash an arsenal of music-driven skills and abilities to overcome the malevolent forces of Discord. Become immersed in exhilarating encounters, accessible to all levels of experience.
- Music: Music is what makes Soundfall special! Everything, including combat encounters, enemy behaviors, ambient objects, loot, and level layouts are driven by the music you select. Music doesn’t just influence the world, music creates the world.
- Musical Immersion: Soundfall uses your music to fuel its gameplay. Everything from environments to creatures acting in time with the music. It’s all about immersing you in a world of sound.
- Battle to the Beat: Play in time with your music as you fight back Discord. Unlock the power of your symphonic arsenal by dashing, slashing, and smashing to the beat. Chain together actions to form bigger, better on-beat combos.
- Narrative Driven: Soundfall is as much about story as it is about music, and throughout the game you encounter a host of memorable personalities with a look and style all their own.
- Cooperative Emphasis: Play any portion of Soundfall alone or with friends. Share the adventure with up to 3 friends in both couch co-op and online multiplayer.
- Procedural and Hand-crafted Content: The world of Symphonia is made up of both hand-crafted levels designed by us and procedural levels generated from your music.
- Legendary Artifacts: Discover ancient artifacts throughout Symphonia, each with unique abilities that synergize for compelling team-play.
- Procedural Weapons: Unlock and wield one-of-a-kind weapons with unique gameplay and effects. Find weapons that express your personality and play style.
- Character Progression: Your characters gain persistent power over time, allowing you to find and equip more awesome gear. From prog-rock to hip-hop, build your kit as you build your palette.
For more information on the game including music characters and world, please visit fig.co/soundfall.
For media requests, please contact Jim Redner at [email protected]
# # #
About Drastic Games
Drastic Games is a video game startup founded by alumni from Epic Games. Devoted to pushing the bounds of small team development, Drastic is dead set on delivering players a binary-fueled typhoon of entertainment with enough pixel powered lightning in a bottle to shock even the most zealous Tesla enthusiast. To connect with Drastic Games, please follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Twitch and YouTube.
Fig.co empowers developers and passionate fans alike to bring well-known franchises and undiscovered indie titles to market. Fig.co is the only community publishing platform created by gamers for gamers that offers rewards and investment-based crowdfunding, where backers have the ability to invest and earn returns based on games’ sales. On Fig.co, the community is the center of the publishing process, and the focus is not only on the funding of games but also on their future success in development and publishing.
Successful projects on Fig have included high profile campaigns for inXile’s Wasteland 3, Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, Double Fine’s Psychonauts 2, and Snapshot Games’ Phoenix Point. For more information, visit fig.co and follow us on twitter.com/playfig and facebook.com/playfig.