This year, there sadly wasn’t a lot of announcements as there have been in the past. But the games that they did announce, both out and upcoming, looked incredibly interesting. So with less sarcasm and dad jokes than the panel itself, we’ll move onto the announcements:
- Little Dragons Cafe- both a cafe management style game and monster breeder, players take on the roles of a brother and sister as they juggle the responsibilities of running a cafe and raising a dragon to help save their ailing mother. The game will be available on PS4 and Nintendo Switch later this year
- Jake Hunter Detective Story: Ghost of the Dusk is coming soon for the Nintendo 3DS. Adding 6 compilations stories to the series that have not been seen in the US.
- Star Dust Galaxy Warriors – Stellar Climax is a SCHMUP game that will be coming out for the Switch. It has an adjustable difficulty set by the player.
- Ghost Parade is a platformer currently under development. Based on Indonesian folklore the protagonist must find and collect ghosts with unique powers in order to overcome challenges and progress. It will be released for the PS4, Switch and Steam when it is ready for release.
- Code: Realize Wintertide Miracles is the next title for the visual novel series of games. It will be coming out in 2019
- Death Mark is well…a very interesting title would not do it justice. Where visual novels rely on the player seeing something in order to react, this game is breaking the mold and is more of an audio novel game. Where sound is used instead for shock value. Based on Japanese urban myths and folklore, you must find the spirit that marked you with a death curse before it’s too late for you and your friends. The title will be coming out on the PS4, Vita and the Switch.
So while there weren’t nearly as many games as last year, I think these are some very strong titles coming out in the near future. Keep an eye out for them. I know I’m excited for Death Mark to scare me out of my chair. Until next time…