With so much happening this year at AX, there were plenty of announcements that may have gone unnoticed this year. Worry not, for those of you who were unable to attend the Aksys panel this year, here is what is coming out with the next year. For those who don’t know, Aksys are the publishers behind recognizable titles, Blazeblu and Guilty Gear. The panel was hosted by PR coordinator James, Taka the marketing coordinator and Karen the localization editor.
- Tokyo Xanadue Ext will be coming out this fall for the PS4 and PC sometime this fall. It promises to have more characters and extras than the original release on the Vita
- Zero time dilemma will be coming out for PS4 on 8/18/17
That’s all for the more well known announcements of this year, but the panel included some unknown projects that will be coming out:
- Creeping Terror- Aksys has decided to branch out from visual novels and fighting games and has expanded into the horror genre. There’s not much known about the story behind the game from the brief trailer that was shown. But the game has a very retro 90’s look to it and seems to play much like Clocktower. I’m interested to see how Aksys does with this new title which will be out on Steam and 3DS sometime this fall.
- Ninja Usagimaru- for those of you who don’t feel there’s enough ninja platformers out there. Aksys will be releasing a mobile game soon to help fill your need.
- Drive Girls- a free roam style of fighting game. An island is besieged by giant alien insect like creatures. It’s up to five girls, who are able to transform into high performance cars, to fight them and free their island. I’m going to be honest and say that I have some mixed feelings regarding this title. Mostly because of the transforming cars aspect, still it might be worth a look if you’re into this type of game.
- Code Realize Future Blessings- the sequel to the visual novel Code Realize Future Guardians will be coming out in Fall of 2018 for the PS Vita.
- Code Realize Bouquet of Rainbows- so if any of you aren’t able to get their hands on a copy of Code Realize Future Guardians, but really want to be able to play it and Future Blessings, the games are going to be having a 2-in-1 port for the PS4 in 2018.
- 7’s Carlet- A mystery exploration game, where the player takes on the role of a heroine. A missing brother sparks a search for him and the heroine must enlist the aid of a club searching a town for legends in order to find him. This title will be released on the PS Vita in 2018.
- Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly- a woman wakes up in a mysterious mansion with no memory of how she got there. She must escape because a monster is hunting her and several other characters with no memory. The game has an interesting shooting mechanic where the player must hunt for butterflies and shoot them in order to collect kaleidoscopes in order to escape. This game will have a female heroine as the main character with voice acting. Coming out in 2018 to the PSVita.
- Psychedelica of the Asian Hawk- This game has a connection to Black Butterfly. A girl, the main character, is accused of witchcraft and ostracized from her village because her right eye turns red when experiencing strong emotions. To avoid the persecution, she must dress as a male to go unnoticed. She is called by the church in order to search for a stolen stone important to her village. Coming out in 2018 for the PSVita.
- School Girl Zombie Hunter- for those of you who are feeling like there aren’t enough zombie games involving school girls, Aksys will be releasing this tactical turn based strategy game sometime later this year for the PS4. Five girls are forced to battle through a hoard of zombies as they attack their school. Armed with assault rifles and their uniforms they face wave after wave of zombies. The most notable feature of the game is as the characters become damaged, they lose their clothing. Expect an M rating on this one guys.
- Jake Hunter Detective Story Ghost of the Dusk- this title may be a mouthful, but seems incredibly interesting based on the trailer they showed. A homeless man dies in a mansion and Jake is called to investigate. After identifying the homeless man Jake is called to follow up a 30 year old cold case, strongly linked to both the mansion and the homeless man. Coming in 2018 for the Nintendo 3DS.
- Under Night in Birth Exe: Late[st]- it wouldn’t be an Aksys panel if it we didn’t have some form of 2D fighter. This final announcement will be coming out later this year for PS3, PS4 and the Vita. A sequel to the previous Under night game, promises new characters with hand drawn HD characters. And if that last sentence has you wondering how, you’ll need to pick up the game in order to find out.
That raps it up for the announcements this year from Aksys. If you’re into graphic novels and have heard of Aksys games, then you’ll be strongly interested in the titles coming out this year. So long as you have a Vita at least. For those who have a console, the title I’m most interested in looking out for is Zombie Hunter. For the 3DS, Creeping Terror is a definite must get for me, even though I’m not much of a horror game player, I was absolutely enraptured by this game. As is usually the case, there wasn’t much potential for photos so I apologize for the continued lack of pictures for the panel coverage.